Our client is an international supplier of luxury tiles, looking to recruit a Business Development Manager to join the Exeter Trade Team.
The main responsibility will be to continuously generate new business as well as managing key accounts on a daily basis. Your base location will be the Exeter Showroom however, you will be expected to cover Devon, Cornwall, Somerset & Dorset (or part of).
Key skills and responsibilities of the job;
• To ensure the customer base is updated and aware of all enquiry points, contact names, and methods of operation to meet their requirements.
• To ensure you are familiar with all personnel working within the client’s business, and that they are familiar with the brand and image.
• To be fully conversant with the complete range and technical specifications of our products in order to facilitate suitable procurement solutions to meet the customer’s needs.
• Ensure all local developers/interior designers and architects receive regular contact with you or other appropriate members to ensure they are provided with up to date specifications and prices lists.
• To develop and encourage existing and perspective customers to purchase products in preference to our competitors based on our product quality, unique solutions and service.
• To introduce all new products and services offered in line with the current business strategy.
• To liaise with all levels of staff within the Company to ensure Customer expectations and service levels are achieved.
• To be aware of market trends as well as competitor’s activities, product ranges, strengths and weaknesses.
• To maintain clear and accurate reporting procedures regarding all business activities and ensure all communications are submitted in a timely fashion.
• Ambitious to accomplish set sales targets, aiming to exceed both the monthly and annual sales target
• Excellent Management and People Skills
• Smart personal appearance
• Clear and positive communicator with good negotiation and influencing skills
• Relevant experience with face to face customer sales in a similar environment or possesses the underlying traits to fulfil this role.
• Must be a driven individual who strives to consistently bring in new business as well as maintaining existing accounts.
• At least 1 years’ experience within a similar role
• Preferably someone with a Kitchen, Bathroom or Tiles background so they have an understanding of the products, however isn’t essential
Education and Qualifications;
• A good level of verbal, written and numerical literacy
• Valid Driving Licence