Our client is a bespoke supplier of exceptional Audio equipment, with an outstanding reputation for delivering an incredible product.
They are looking to recruit a UI/UX Designer to join their high end, creative brand. As part of the mobile apps design team your role is to work on the visual and interaction design of their app. Taking new feature concepts you will develop wireframes, interactive prototypes and detailed visual designs. Collaborating with the in-house iOS and Android developers you will refine the designs then help break them down into individual user stories ready for development. During the development process you will evaluate the emerging design and help refine the visual and usability aspects.
Mobile apps are not the only user interface design activity you may be involved in. Depending on the product requirements there may be projects focused on desktop apps or even on-product user interfaces. The mobile apps and streaming audio products form an ecosystem and as such a holistic design approach is required to ensure a common design language is used.
You should have a good appreciation of what our customer needs to get the most out of their equipment. Topics such as novel ways to explore your music collection, how to make intelligent music recommendations to the user and how best to visually represent music metadata should be of interest to you. Users range from casual listeners to dedicated musicophiles and the design approach must accommodate this fact.
You should have experience in UI/UX design, visual design and in particular experience designing for mobile apps with a good appreciation for the Apple HIG and Android Material Design. We are flexible with your preferred design tools but would expect familiarity with some industry standards such as Illustrator and Figma. The migration of the design to the development team will necessitate use of Jira so excellent written English and communication skills are a must to effectively communicate your ideas.
· Taking proposed new features and designing UI and UX to fulfill the requirements.
· User research and design trials with users.
· Visual design of screen layouts and icons.
· Generating blueprints and design guidelines in an organized manner for use by developers and the software test/QA teams who verify that the finished app meets operational requirements.
· Working with the development team to create tasks in Jira to cover the visual aspects of app development.
· Working with the development team to refine and improve the design during the development cycle.
· Evaluation of existing designs and working with business stakeholders to constantly improve the user experience.
· Working with the software development leadership team to help define aspects of future products that have human interaction requirements.
· A proven background in UI and UX design specifically within a mobile app design team.
· Familiarity with Apple HIG and Android Material Design.
· An eye for visual design with experience designing visual components such as icons.
· Experience creating interactive prototypes.
· Knowledge of accessibility requirements such as VoiceOver and font scaling.
· A passion for music and familiarity with streaming music services.
· Experience working as member of a development team using tools such as Jira and Confluence.
· Excellent spoken and written English to effectively communicate your ideas.
This is a hybrid working role, but you will need to be in the Salisbury office 2-3 days a week, so will need to be located within a reasonable commutable distance.
Please note we regret that due to the high volume of CVs received we cannot give individual feedback to candidates. If you are not contacted within 5 working days of submitting your CV please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Honeypot People Ltd, is a UK-based agency providing specialist solutions within the Sales and Marketing Sector.
We operate an equal opportunities policy of treating all employees and job applicants equally regardless of race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age, marital or civil partnership status or disability.