07 Jun 3rd Line Support
Our client is a leading provider of Accountancy Services to the Construction Industry.
They are looking to recruit an experienced 3rd Line Support Engineer to join their busy IT helpdesk team.
The team currently supports around 130 users, mostly remote for the time being. Due to recent changes they are looking to welcome a 3rd Line Support Engineer to their current team of two.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Day-to-day running and maintenance of the server environment and issues
- Installing, upgrading, supporting, and troubleshooting any hosted applications
- Designing system configuration
- Directing system installation
- Enforcing network standards
Working as part of a small team, you’ll be comfortable supporting with helpdesk tickets as required or when escalated, liaising with people across the business at all levels, in addition to working on scheduled out-of-office hours tasks, or those odd occasions where something goes down after hours.
At the moment they are primarily working remotely. There is the potential for this to continue in the long-term for this position, however, there will be a need to attend the office on a weekly basis and ad-hoc based on support needs, so we are looking for a candidate who lives fairly local to their Farnham office.
You’ll have a good practical understanding of firewalls, DNS, DHCP, Routing, Active Directory and Group Policy, and will have proven hands-on experience with SAN’s and switch configuration.
Additional requirements include:
- Good experience with Windows Server 2012/16+ and Windows 7/10
- Experience with VMWare (although VCP would be highly beneficial)
- Equally comfortable working with people as you are systems
- Background in helpdesk support with the ability to easily translate technical jargon into laymans terms
- Able to communicate well at all levels
- Structured, solution-oriented, collaborative, and highly proactive
- Previous experience of working on an Infrastructure/ NOC team preferable
- Any experience with Azure, Veem, VMware Horizon and Office365 would be highly beneficial
Please note we regret that due to the high volume of CVs received we cannot give individual feedback to candidates. If you are not contacted within 5 working days of submitting your CV please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Honeypot People Ltd, is a UK-based agency providing specialist solutions within the Sales and Marketing Sector.
We operate an equal opportunities policy of treating all employees and job applicants equally regardless of race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age, marital or civil partnership status or disability.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com