04 May Best Practice Director
Our client is a leading Law Firm with beautiful offices in Salisbury.
They are looking to recruit a Best Practice Director to join their team based in the City Centre. The Best Practice Director is responsible for ensuring the firm manages risk effectively, promotes best practice for client care, and remains compliant with the SRA Standards and Regulations and all other regulatory obligations affecting the firm.
The Best Practice Director will be part of the management team and will work in close liaison with the Managing Partner and other Business Support Directors as well as the LLP membership group. In addition to the Best Practice Director, the Best Practice team comprises a Best Practice Manager, Assistant and Administrator.
The Best Practice Team is responsible for three key areas:
• Client Care – Including claims and complaints
• Regulatory Compliance
The Best Practice Director will have overall responsibility for ensuring:
• the Best Practice team is performing in all of the above areas
• The ongoing development of strategies, policies and procedures that promote high levels of client care and regulatory compliance in a manner that is as user friendly as possible for the firm’s lawyers and staff
• that the firm’s lawyers and staff understand and adopt the strategies policies and procedures mentioned above.
Key objectives and responsibilities
• Managing the Best Practice Team
• Working with the Managing Partner, Team Leaders and Business Support Directors as well
as the LLP membership group to improve and maintain all aspects of client care including:
• Setting criteria for the clients we will take on
• Establishing what is acceptable in terms of the overall client experience
• Training partners and fee earners in client care and monitoring performance
• Monitoring client feedback and preparing reports based on this
• Dealing with Claims and Complaints, including:
• Dealing with complaints that require intervention
• Analysing all claims and complaints to assess areas of improvement and implementing
• Maintenance of the claims and complaints database
• Quarterly monitoring and updating of all claims with insurers
• Maintenance of the risk register and preparing reports and making recommendations
about strategic risk issues.
• Ensuring that all lawyer queries concerning regulatory and best practice issues are dealt
promptly and efficiently
• Assessing risk factors affecting or likely to affect the firm and report accordingly to the
• Undertaking inspections when risk events are feared
• Investigating and deciding on conflicts of interest where required
• Considering the grant of credit to clients and assisting fee earners with credit control
• Signing off R19 queries
• Ensuring compliance with the Law South Risk & Compliance standard
• Reporting breaches in compliance to the SRA
• Insurance renewal, including regular liaison with the firm’s insurers/brokers
• Monitor overall compliance with the firm’s policies and procedures and take appropriate
action to ensure compliance.
• Attendance at Operations Board Meetings and Risk and Compliance Meetings.
• Attendance at Strategic Board and Partnership meetings as required.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org