08 Nov Business Development – Offline Marketing
Business Development Manager
Our client is a fast-growing, energetic media start-up based in London. They specialise in working with direct-to-consumer brands such as HelloFresh, Ocado, Bloom & Wild, The Perfume Shop, Waitrose, and run customer acquisition campaigns through parcel advertising on their behalf.
They are looking for a driven and experienced Business Development Manager to grow with the business. You need to be commercially minded and a self-driven person who is hungry for success and an ability to engage and inspire senior decision makers. You will be joining a passionate team and help take their unique offerings to market. You will be responsible for identifying, connecting with, and qualifying brands who they can deliver scale and growth through their customer acquisition services.
As part of a tight-knit, super passionate company, you will play an integral role in building the sales team from the ground up.
Day to day you will be developing a new business strategy, pipelining, and navigating verticals to work on, approaching the right clients, putting together assets, ensuring that your messaging is effective and getting results.
- Working closely with the Directors and other executives, you will spend your days finding creative ways to source and connect with marketing directors of influential companies
- Proactively initiate and build relationships with key decision makers and influencers at companies using email, phone, LinkedIn, conferences, and in person meetings
- Develop an understanding of clients’ business needs to qualify their potential and, using a consultative approach, introduce them to the solutions we can provide to meet their needs
- Arrange meetings for qualified prospect clients with Directors who will formally present services and convert these prospects to clients. You will brief the Directors on the scope, needs and challenges ahead of pre-booked prospective meetings
- Manage data of prospective clients via a CRM system, ensuring all communications are logged and information is accurate
- We will provide full training on the services we offer, industry, and brands we work with
- Your primary task is to move through these prospects efficiently and effectively to identify qualified leads to present to our directors
- Self-originate leads, and communicate with potential clients via email or phone
- Have strong research skills, curiosity combined with a problem-solving mind, will use data and tools to identify, qualify and convince prospects
- Sell products including but not limited to offline advertising, Inserts advertising into parcels, Direct Mail, Door Drops, Press adverts, and Digital adverts
- Attend relevant industry events to build your network (when it is safe to do so)
- Manage the complete sales cycle of your clients, with support from the team
- Have a strong understanding of what compels marketing directors in the context of creative content ideas and campaigns — and be confident at creating commercial briefs
- Ensure targets are met and exceeded. You must be driven to succeed in the hopes of soon managing your own sales team
- Work collaboratively with the Directors on new initiatives to drive company growth
- Be driven by pay incentives, this is a big opportunity for earnings
Who you are:
We are looking for an intelligent, adaptable, persistent, and resilient individual to help lead the sales team. Our client is looking for strength of character and willingness to work hard.
- You must have a minimum of three years’ experience selling into, publishing, advertising or other media sales for a credible organisation and a track record of exceeding your targets
- You need to be an authentic, passionate, communicator who knows when to speak and when to listen
- You are excited to work in a fast-growing media start-up
- You are confident, outgoing, driven and don’t give up
- You are target-orientated with the ability to meet and exceed KPIs
- You have strong communication skills (written and oral) with experience in writing in-depth proposals
- You will be able to craft engaging, memorable, personalised in-mails and emails that open doors. Your writing style, intelligence, understanding of their services and how they match the prospect’s needs, plus a dash of humour will be able to set you apart from the noise that fills most inboxes
- You have a positive attitude and can demonstrate excellent work ethic — we’re a start-up and we are looking for people who want to be instrumental to its growth
- You are confident to work autonomously but also relish being part of a wider team
- Proficient capabilities in Office 365, LinkedIn, CRM software
- You have a genuine interest in the media and publishing sector or in the ecommerce and technology start-up ecosystems
- You have an interest in developing client relationships
What they offer:
- £70K OTE
- 28 days of annual leave
- Flexible working hours and the option to WFH some days
- Regular team socials
- A business where you can be part of the growth
Please note we regret that due to the high volume of CVs received we cannot give individual feedback to candidates. If you are not contacted within 5 working days of submitting your CV please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Honeypot People Ltd, is a UK-based agency providing specialist solutions within the Sales and Marketing Sector.
We operate an equal opportunities policy of treating all employees and job applicants equally regardless of race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age, marital or civil partnership status or disability.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com