07 Jun Credit Controller
Our client is a provider of Safety, Workwear and PPE.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Credit Controller will be responsible for customer facing finance matters – primarily credit control and sales ledger administration.
This full time role (8am to 5pm, weekdays) is based at their newly refurbished office at Tower Park, Poole.
1. Act as main point of contact for customer finance queries.
2. Review new and existing accounts for creditworthiness, setting or suggesting appropriate terms and credit limits taking into account previous history, credit agency and trade references and other relevant sources of information.
3. Effectively review, manage and collect customer accounts, prioritising to maximise cash flow whist minimising risk exposure (bad debts).
4. Resolve invoice and payment queries promptly and efficiently.
5. Post and allocate funds received based on customer remittances.
6. Process customer credit card payments.
7. Process sales invoices and credit notes.
8. Reconcile customer ledgers and resolve discrepancies.
9. Produce and distribute customer statements of account.
10. Produce and distribute customer overdue/reminder letters.
11. Produce and circulate weekly and ad hoc on stop, credit hold status and other reports.
12. Proactive management of new accounts and high value invoices.
13. Build effective relationships and rapport with customers and internal contacts.
14. Provide exceptional customer service.
15. Adhere to strict process and procedures.
16. Escalate significant issues/concerns to management.
17. General administrative/filing tasks within accounts.
18. Provide occasional cover for other accounts administrative roles as required.
1. Previous Credit Control experience.
2. Strong organisation and time management skills.
3. Highly proficient IT user, including Excel, Outlook and accounting software.
4. Embedded Customer Service attitude.
5. Can do, team player approach to work.
6. Analytical, problem solving mind-set.
7. Self-motivated, driven and enthusiastic.
8. Effective, professional communicator by phone, email and in writing.
9. Good understanding of end to end distribution business process and accounts role within it.
10. Ability to work under pressure and with high volume workload.
11. Broad accounts experience desirable (Sales Ledger and Purchase Ledger)
In return you will be offered a great salary package and benefits.
Please note we regret that due to the high volume of CVs received we cannot give individual feedback to candidates. If you are not contacted within 5 working days of submitting your CV please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Honeypot People Ltd, is a UK-based agency providing specialist solutions within the Sales and Marketing Sector.
We operate an equal opportunities policy of treating all employees and job applicants equally regardless of race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age, marital or civil partnership status or disability.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org