12 Jun Forecast Analyst
Our client is seeking a Forecasting professional to become a part of their Supply Chain in their Salisbury, UK location. This is an excellent opportunity to join a well established, dynamic organisation.
The Forecast Analyst is responsible for interacting cross functionally with Operations, Brand Teams, Sales, Finance and customers, in order to provide a collaborative development of product forecasts.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities • Gather Data from variety of sources, to assess, interpret, and analyze the data to have supportable forecast for customers. Analytic skills must include the ability to see the big picture and the demonstration of strong business intuition.
• Analyze customer sales out data to report on promotional activities, historical sales trends, sales trends by category and much more.
• Drive continuous improvement in the forecasting process and software by suggesting changes/fine-tuning to help software produce the best possible forecasts or reports and help to streamline information
• Analyze pertinent data including historical movement and seasonality/trends of product categories to make recommendations for revising monthly forecasts
• Monitor and report forecast accuracy vs. actual activity, explaining and reacting to variances in a timely fashion. Including a weekly meeting to analyze sales of chosen accounts with purchasing team and account managers.
• Provide information to management as needed regarding past periods, future forecasts and associated key drivers
• Maintain regular review process with Account Managers and Product Managers to challenge and improve forecast accuracy
• Set forecasts for Launch product, and review system forecast implementations
• Advise and maintain list of discontinued products
• Develop and maintain relationships with key customer forecasting personnel
• Communicate forecast changes and variances to Purchasing and Operations
• Assist in identifying gaps between sales orders and forecast data and communicate information to Purchasing and Operations
• Work internally with Operations to ensure ongoing activities align with customer expectations from a Forecast, Purchasing, and Operational perspective
• Prioritize with internal customers in order to fulfill external customer needs.
• Work on additional projects and tasks as assigned Job Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Finance/Accounting/Math or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 2-3 years in a forecasting/planning role
• Consumer goods industry experience preferred.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills required to analyze and interpret large volumes of data for developing fact-based business assumptions
• Experience with forecasting and ERP and/or MRP systems
• Ability to stay cool and calm under pressure in a fast-paced environment
• Strong interpersonal skills as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Ability to adapt and remain effective when experiencing major changes in work tasks or work environment Work Conditions The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 kilograms.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
• The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
• The Forecast Analyst will spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers, which may involve but is not limited to use of computer or typewriter and calculator and must use visual skills to observe necessary data.
• The Forecast Analyst is located in a busy, open office. There are times with frequent interruptions and position must meet with others on a regular basis.
• Position requires meeting deadlines and must also deal with a wide variety of people on various issues.
• Position requires intense concentration with long hours entering financial information that requires attention to detail and high level of accuracy. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
Please note we regret that due to the high volume of CVs received we cannot give individual feedback to candidates. If you are not contacted within 5 working days of submitting your CV please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com