08 Oct Hotel Operations Manager
Hotel Operations Manager
Our client is a stunning 4* Hotel located in Salisbury.
The role… Reporting to the General Manager, you will have a strong background in the hotel industry and be ready for a hands on challenge. This is a varied role – very much focused on the Food and Beverage side of the business.
- Oversee all aspects of hotel operations, ensuring these are maintained within the hotels established policies and procedures
- Deputise for the general manager in their absence
- Optimise any opportunities to drive revenue & exceed budgeted sales & profit targets
- Provide operational guidance and support to all operational teams within the business including: Restaurant, Bar, Conference and Banqueting, Front of house, Maintenance & Housekeeping.
- Lead and develop staff who directly report into you, ensuring they are set clear & measurable objectives and these are delivered in line with the business strategy
- Promoting a sales culture across the operation
- Ensuring all health & safety policies & procedures are kept up to date and all tasks are completed in line with the health & safety calendar
- Managing the first aid training schedule for all staff required to attend
- When required assist with the recruitment of new staff
- Updating payroll information every month alongside the general manager, ensuring this is provided to finance in a timely and accurate manner
- Promoting a customer care culture across the hotel – promoting customer loyalty and repeat business
- Remain aware of business trends, systems and practices in the industry to remain current and encouraging a culture of continuous improvement
- Taking a ‘handson’ approach, overseeing events within a busy operation
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of working at senior level within a hotel
- Previous experience of running an operation food and beverage department
- Understanding of front of house systems and procedures.
- Demonstrates ability to be able to control payroll, liquor GP and operational expenses.
- Able to work to a shift pattern including weekends and evenings
- Comfortable working under pressure, quick thinking and practical
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to respond to guest needs and deal with issues in a calm and professional manner
- Drive and influence sales and control revenue capture
- A natural leader with excellent communication skills
- Experience of using Rezlynx/ Guestline PMS would be highly advantageous
This is a full time role, 45 hours a week where you will be required to work evenings and weekends.
Please note we regret that due to the high volume of CVs received we cannot give individual feedback to candidates. If you are not contacted within 5 working days of submitting your CV please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Honeypot People Ltd, is a UK-based agency providing specialist solutions within the Sales and Marketing Sector.
We operate an equal opportunities policy of treating all employees and job applicants equally regardless of race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age, marital or civil partnership status or disability.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org