04 Dec Hotel Operations Manager
About the Hotel
The hotel is a large contemporary property located in in the heart of central London. This spectacular and grand property attracts a wide range of interesting business all year round. With a wide variety of formal and casual dining options available, guests are just spoiled for choice.
Summary of Role
A new and exciting opportunity for an experienced Hotel Operations Manager to join a well-established and highly effective team. Reporting to the General Manager, you will have a strong background in a large, cooperate, branded hotel and be ready for a new challenge. This is a varied role – suitable for an individual with a flexible approach, strong leadership skills with proven experience of a large food and beverage operation and confident dealing with all day to day hotel operations within a very diverse property.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Oversee all aspects of hotel operations, ensuring these are maintained within the hotels established policies and procedures
- Optimise any opportunities to drive revenue to exceed budgeted sales & profit targets
- Provide guidance and support to all operational teams within the business including: Restaurants, Bars, Conference and Banqueting, Front of house, Maintenance & Housekeeping.
- Report, monitor and manage operational revenue including budgeting, forecasting, P&L and profit maximisation
- Lead and develop staff who directly report into you, ensuring they are set clear & measurable objectives, and these are delivered in line with the business strategy
- Promoting a sales and customer care culture across the hotel and encourage customer loyalty and repeat business
- Ensuring all health & safety policies & procedures are kept up to date and all tasks are completed in line with the health & safety calendar
- Managing the first aid training schedule for all staff required to attend
- Assist with the recruitment of new staff where required
- Remain aware of current industry trends, systems and practices and encouraging a culture of continuous improvement
- Taking a ‘hands on’ approach, overseeing all front of house departments within a very busy operation
The Ideal Candidate
- Must have 4-5 years previous 4-star full-service hotel operationalmanagement experience
- Flexibility to work in a full time capacity including weekends and evenings
- Extensive knowledge and experience in revenue management including budgeting, forecasting, P&L and profit maximisation
- Proven experience of leading and managing teams
- Strong commercial awareness
- Knowledge and proven experience of developing and embedding high quality customer service standards
- Comfortable working under pressure, quick thinking and practical
- A natural leader with excellent communication skills
- Skilled in Micros Opera (advanced)
Please note we regret that due to the high volume of CVs received we cannot give individual feedback to candidates. If you are not contacted within 5 working days of submitting your CV please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Honeypot People Ltd, is a UK-based agency providing specialist solutions within the Sales and Marketing Sector.
We operate an equal opportunities policy of treating all employees and job applicants equally regardless of race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age, marital or civil partnership status or disability.