11 Nov Junior Hosted Telephone Support Engineer
Our client is a leading provider of Telecomms solutions, specialising in IP technology, based on the outskirts of Basingstoke.
They are looking to recruit a Junior Support Engineer to join their busy team.
As a technical support engineer you will uphold exceptional levels of customer service and providing technical service desk support to clients.
This is a supportive business with an excellent company culture, providing plenty of opportunity to further develop your technical skillset through training and opportunities to contribute to projects and the provisioning of new clients.
The engineer will be used for both office based customer support and carry out site visits where required. The engineer needs to be confident, determined, and very customer focused.
Customer service is equally as important that the technical skills so we are looking for someone with an all round skillset.
You will need to understand and be able to undertake the various hosted platform support, networking and IP Telephony (Voice over IP (VOIP) in detail, including sip trunking.
You will be dealing with customers and their IT team over the phone providing guidance where required, tasked with undertaking site visits for both Fault resolution and changes to the current customer configuration.
- A good understanding of networking technologies
- Excellent technical knowledge of the products that the NGVS team support which include Gamma Horizon, Myphones and Telcoswitch hosted telephony platforms.
- Candidates should possess a natural initiative and pro-activeness to their method of working, be open to new ideas and have a positive outlook
- The ability to work as part of a team, also as an individual when required is essential.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills and be able to liaise confidently with customers and service providers
- Be willing and quick to learn new technologies for Voip, Sip and hosted platforms and any newly released products and features
- Complete administration tasks for the team to ensure the smooth running
- Assist and have input with the evolution of existing and new processes that increase the team efficiency and improve customer service
At present, you will be expected to work from home, although later you will be expected to work from the Basingstoke office.
Hours are Monday to Friday – 40 hours between 8am and 6pm.
There is a 24/7 rota that they will be part of which rotates 1 in 5 weeks. Overtime is paid.
The candidate will report directly to the hosted support manager.
Car Allowance will be provided if and when there is a requirement to attend customer sites
Training will be provided
Please note we regret that due to the high volume of CVs received we cannot give individual feedback to candidates. If you are not contacted within 5 working days of submitting your CV please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Honeypot People Ltd, is a UK-based agency providing specialist solutions within the Sales and Marketing Sector.
We operate an equal opportunities policy of treating all employees and job applicants equally regardless of race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age, marital or civil partnership status or disability.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org