21 Nov Training and Competence Supervisor
Our client is a leading Mortgage Brokerage looking to recruit a Training and Competence Supervisor to join their dynamic and busy brokerage.
The individual will support the application of the Training and Competence (T&C) scheme, and the development of Mortgage Advisers to support the Company’s business objectives. The individual will be responsible for performing 1st line of defence activities for Advisers working under the company T&C Scheme.
Measures of Performance:
- Timely and accurate completion of T&C scheme requirements
- Timely identification and resolution of risks and issues
- Timely and accurate record keeping of the T&C scheme
- Positive feedback on interpersonal skills from peers and advisers
- Achievement of goals set by Head of Sales
- Maintain and embed the T&C scheme, taking responsibility for ensuring that all aspects of the scheme are adhered to.
- Conduct observations across all product areas, providing constructive feedback and highlighting areas for development and business improvement whilst ensuring suitable advice is given.
- Conduct 1-1’s with advisers to discuss performance and KPI’s, manage risks and drive better customer outcomes.
- Create, implement and manage development plans with advisers to address performance issues, risks and development needs
- Provide coaching and development to improve adviser quality, improve customer outcomes and achieve business objectives
- To facilitate and deliver induction training as required under the T&C scheme.
- Work closely with the Sales Management team to achieve the business objectives and develop advisers to their full potential.
- Develop and grow effective relationships with all departments
- Carry out any other duty related to T&C as may reasonably be required.
- Responding promptly to, and with appropriate diligence in line with company procedures, any complaint received.
- Adherence to all requirements as set out in the company’s Training & Development Manual. Responsible for keeping yourself updated on company policies.
- To present a professional approach to a high standard of service quality and product knowledge, maintaining high standards of integrity, conduct and behaviour.
- Responsible for keeping yourself updated on company policies.
- To drive the business forward and respond positively to changes in business practise and objectives where it necessary from time-to-time.
- Consistently demonstrate good Conduct Risk behaviours by placing the customer’s best interest at the heart of everything you do and recommend improvements where possible. Contribute through actions and behaviour to ensure the culture of the whole company reflects this
- Responsibility for adherence to compliant process within all sales.
- Implementation of company policy i.e. FCA, Health & Safety, Statutory & Employment Laws.
Key Knowledge, Skills, Experience required:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience within a regulated or financial services environment
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience of working in a T&C role
- Relevant industry qualifications – CeMAP or equivalent and J07
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment in the UK, and in particular FCA regulation
- Good IT skills in a range of relevant applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Relevant professional qualifications
- Competent Supervisor status held
- Good at planning and organising with an ability to work to challenging deadlines
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to challenge in a constructive manner
- Ability to work without supervision
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team
- High standard of attention to detail and record keeping
- Effective communicator with good written and oral communication skills
- Flexible and supportive approach to working practices
- Team player.
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel & Microsoft Outlook).
- Sales and client focused.
- Results orientated.
- A passion for financial services and the mortgage market.
You will predominantly be based in Southampton with the employed team, and will be part of the Sales Management team. You may also have to cover remote adviser observations/1:1 for the self employed team, and be prepared to help the London office from time to time with inductions.
Please note we regret that due to the high volume of CVs received we cannot give individual feedback to candidates. If you are not contacted within 5 working days of submitting your CV please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Honeypot People Ltd, is a UK-based agency providing specialist solutions within the Sales and Marketing Sector.
We operate an equal opportunities policy of treating all employees and job applicants equally regardless of race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age, marital or civil partnership status or disability.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org